[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: WSRP consumer agent trouble

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 18 12:43:10 EDT 2008

Seems like your consumer does not produce a valid Consumer Agent string. You might want to open a bug with your WSRP consumer provider...

As per the specification:
"WSRP specification" wrote :
  | The consumerAgent value MUST start with "productName.majorVersion.minorVersion" where "productName" identifies the product the Consumer installed for its deployment, and majorVersion and minorVersion are vendor-defined indications of the version of its product. This string can then contain any additional characters/words the product or Consumer wish to supply.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/v2/wsrp-2.0-spec-cs-02.html#_RegistrationData

SAP_EP6_SP9 does not follow the WSRP specification, hence JBoss Portal rejects it as invalid. I could relax the validation in our producer but then it would not be WSRP-compliant... Then again, I have no idea why the specification mandates that format and I have seen several WSRP consumers providing non-conforming consumer agent strings... :/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137515#4137515

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137515