[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: SUN JDK 1.5 and 6 license changes, and its effects to JB

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 19 12:12:54 EDT 2008

To me function-specific software applications means using the JVM in single-function devices. For example you cannot market a Blu-ray player which uses the JVM running on Linux to run the player. Running an app server, or other applications, on a desktop computer or on a server is not function-specific, but rather general purpose.

But I am not a lawyer. Your best bet would be to ask Sun.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137823#4137823

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137823