[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Why JBoss is using XA if I only have local-tx datasource

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 19 13:28:20 EDT 2008

"maralcbr" wrote :
  | My JBoss just have local-tx datasources configured. No XA datasources.
  |
  | Why, in this scenario, JBoss still uses XA? There is a reason?

I am sure you don't understand the reason for the existence of local-tx-datasource , do you understand the reason behind it ?

local-tx-datasource are there to make the single one phase participant(db resource) to  enable in the JTA transaction , this is done by LRCO(last resource commit optimization) . Read this one
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Multiple1PC

In case you are not using the global transaction (JTA) in your application code you can use no-tx-datasource.

And finally the TransactionManger is smart enough to just call only the commit when it finds that there is only one participant in the JTA transaction , it can omit the prepare phase ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137866#4137866

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137866