[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - anyone else have issues with visual editor on OSX?

jcg3 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 20 15:09:13 EDT 2008

I have the 2.0.1 version of the tools installed on eclipse 3.3, and just installed it on OSX.  When I try to open an xhtml file, the visual editor gives me the following error:

The VPE editor can't be run because your system environment needs to change slightly.

The message links to an old wiki page about configuring libstdc++ on linux...
http://labs.jboss.com/wiki/JBosstoolsVisualEditorFAQ

Googling found me this link:
http://labs.jboss.com/tools/blog/visual_page_editor_updated_-_now_with_macosx_support/

So, in theory this should be working...  can anyone else confirm or deny that this works for them so I know if it is an issue with my setup or with the tool?  I figure someone else might be able to weigh in before I chase down trying to see if the libstdc++ library might possibly apply to OSX...

Thanks in advance,
Jason

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138135#4138135

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138135