[jboss-user] [J2EE Design Patterns] - Spawning new treads from MDB

vanyatka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 20 18:27:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

I know, I know, the spec says I shouldn't do that. But, honestly, in practice, there are situations where spawning new threads from MDB (or SB for that matter) might be acceptable, aren't there?

For example, I need to fetch some data from a number of DB servers and put that data onto some another DB servers, while the whole process must be triggered from MDB. The task begs to be threaded, but do you think I should follow the EJB recommendation and do it all sequentially or I'd be better off taking the multi-threading path regardless the cautions?

My only AS is JBossAS, I'm not particularly concerned about porting the code on any other AS.

Any advice is highly appreciated,

vanyatka

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138192#4138192

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138192