[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - why nobody talks openJPA here?

ajay662 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 21 16:35:34 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to port an application from weblogic to jboss AS 4.2.2. My application uses JPA and I was using OpenJPA as the persistence provider in weblogic.

I don't see too much discussion here about openJPA and was wondering if anyone has tried using openJPA with jboss successfully and whether it works.

I quickly tried to use hibernate as the persistence provider and am running into an Exception "org.hibernate.MappingException: Unable to find column with logical name userid in table userContact", where userid is the mapped column name for a ManyToOne relation. This code works fine with openJPA in both weblogic and websphere. Since I want to keep the code base same for this application for all 3 platforms (weblogic, websphere, jboss), I am inclined to use openJPA.

I will try it next week. Just that I could not find any relevant document and lack of discussion here makes me little nervous.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138367#4138367

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138367