[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Servlet calling java:portal/UserModule

foongkim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 22 09:52:47 EDT 2008

guys, problem solved.

the NULL Pointer is because in my eclipse project, i have included the hibernate3.jar and it's seems its crashed with the hibernate3.jar inside the JBoss app server.

after i have removed the hibernate in my project (as i will use the JBoss), everything is working fine means i can pull the information from the portal user.

Below is the complete code.

SessionFactory identitySessionFactory = null;
		Session session = null;
		Transaction transaction = null;
		try
		{
			identitySessionFactory = (SessionFactory) new InitialContext().lookup("java:portal/IdentitySessionFactory");
			session = identitySessionFactory.openSession();
			transaction = session.beginTransaction();
			UserModule userModule = (UserModule) new InitialContext().lookup("java:portal/UserModule");
			User temp_user = userModule.findUserByUserName(username);
			authenticateUser = temp_user.validatePassword(password);
			session.clear();

		}
		catch (Exception e)
		{