[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: WebService response problem

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 24 15:12:10 EDT 2008

If you look at the runtime library that accompanies JDK 6, you will see that it now includes many of the web services packages that were not in JDK 5. Every Java SE release, it appears that Sun adds in more packages that earlier had appeared only in Java EE.  Because JBossAS 4.2.x and 4.0.x are qualified with JDK 5, they include the web services jars, which are not at the same level as the ones on JDK 6. (From what I recall when I researched this in depth many months ago, the web services libraries included in JBossAS 4.2.x were newer than what is included in JDK 6.) Placing the web service jars from JBossAS into the endorsed directory causes the JDK to use those classes instead of the ones in the runtime jar.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138575#4138575

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138575