[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JSF Portlet and UnsupportedOperationException

porcho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 24 17:26:49 EDT 2008

Hi there. I'm running JBP 2.6.4-GA on a Windows XP machine, and I'm trying to run a JSF Portlet I've developed using JSC. I've followed some instructions I found at http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5214100, which involved removing some JARs containing libraries JBP already provides by default.

By the time the portlet's deployed, I get the following error message:

WARN  [JAXWSDeployerHookPreJSE] Cannot load servlet class: org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet

I can create a new portlet instance, though, but I can't get the portlet to display on the assigned portal page. I get this error message instead:

ERROR
  | Cause: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
  | StackTrace:
  |
  | java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
  | 	at javax.faces.context.FacesContext.getELContext(FacesContext.java:137)
  | 	at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.setLocale(UIViewRoot.java:888)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.createView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:380)
  | 	at com.sun.rave.web.ui.appbase.faces.ViewHandlerImpl.createView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:218)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.portlet.ViewHandlerImpl.createView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:106)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.portlet.LifecycleImpl.setViewId(LifecycleImpl.java:493)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.portlet.LifecycleImpl.restore(LifecycleImpl.java:398)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.portlet.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:239)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet.render(FacesPortlet.java:327)

How can I do to solve the problem? Thanks a lot!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4138595#4138595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4138595