[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space in JBoss Product

expertodev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 27 01:33:58 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have recently migrated my application in to JBoss Server and struggling a bit with performance tuning. I am getting java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space exception in every three- four days. This is crashing the JBoss Server and i have to restart my server when this occurs.

My heap setting in run.conf are

  | if [ "x$JAVA_OPTS" = "x" ]; then
  |    JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000"
  | fi

Can anybody suggest me a proper heap size? Do i have to set any other param along with this??

Also can u suggest a good profiler for jboss?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4139151#4139151

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4139151