[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - ] No transaction manager lookup class has been defined. Tran

MarcusDidiusFalco do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 27 09:12:53 EDT 2008

Hallo!

With JBoss 3.2.7, JBoss Cache 1.2,
treecache-service.xml:

<server>

  |   <classpath codebase="lib" archives="jboss-cache.jar, jgroups.jar"/>
  |

  |   <mbean code="org.jboss.cache.TreeCache" name="jboss.cache:service=TreeCache">
  |     <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
  |
  | 	<depends>jboss:service=TransactionManager</depends>
  |

  |     <!-- Configure the TransactionManager  -->
  |     <attribute name="TransactionManagerLookupClass">org.jboss.cache.DummyTransactionManagerLookup</attribute>
  |     <!--
  |             Node locking level : SERIALIZABLE
  |                                  REPEATABLE_READ (default)
  |                                  READ_COMMITTED
  |                                  READ_UNCOMMITTED
  |                                  NONE
  |       -->
  |     <attribute name="IsolationLevel">REPEATABLE_READ</attribute>
  |
  |     <!--     Valid modes are LOCAL
  |                              REPL_ASYNC
  |                              REPL_SYNC
  |     -->
  |     <attribute name="CacheMode">REPL_ASYNC</attribute>
  |
  |     <!-- Name of cluster. Needs to be the same for all clusters, in order
  |              to find each other -->
  |     <attribute name="ClusterName">TreeCache-Cluster</attribute>

I get
16:08:55,724 WARN  [TreeCache] No transaction manager lookup class has been defined. Transactions cannot be used

When I use
 <attribute name="TransactionManagerLookupClass">org.jboss.cache.JBossTransactionManagerLookup</attribute>
  |  instead of the DummyTransactionManagerLookup
I get
13:20:35,493 ERROR [TreeCache] Starting failed jboss.cache:service=TreeCache
  | java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.cache.transaction.GenericTransactionManagerLookup
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:275)

Which TransactionManagerLookup am I supposed to use to make Transactions work?
What is this Dummy supposed to do? In an example configuration in the documentation for JBoss Cache 1.2 the Dummy is used ( ????? ).

Thanks for any advise.

Hans

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4139264#4139264

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4139264