[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: file extension .jsf ? instead of .jsp and .xhtml

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 28 06:09:02 EDT 2008

To check better :
 - I create a new file (simple new file), with .jsf extension
 - I copied into it the exact whole content of a .xhtml file that works well.

=> the file is set as a JSP (the icon is jsp, the default editor is JBoss Tool JSP editor).

if I open it with "open with", and choose JBoss Tool HTML editor.
idem : no code completion, no code validation etc...
note : the icon of the editor window is "green with htm"... and not "blue with jsp"

so, it seems there is something that prevent the editor to run with this file as a jsf file.

for the time being, I keep on with .xhtml file, because I need to go on with my work.

but I think .jsf files should be better.
xhtml is a great standard... but it now means everything... so it means nothing...
I mean : if someone want to search in files... it may be usefull to filter on the jsf file from other types of files... with the .jsf.

If I can help with some testing ...
I will try again the .jsf....  as soon as it can be possible...

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4139596#4139596

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4139596