[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: haSingleton JMS + cluster (publisher node receiving its

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 31 05:51:47 EDT 2008

"mdonato" wrote :
  | But when the message was sent to "topic", for now, it's ok to be delivered to all those servers, including it self, but, when the message was sent to "queue", the server who sent that message should not receive it, only one of the other's servers may receive.

That's not defined in the spec. In fact, a jms server doesn't even have to support
two receivers on the same queue.

What you are doing won't work anyway unless the messages are
non-persistent. The "noLocal" is a check for is it the same connection,
NOT is the same client computer.

WIth an MDB (or any other receiver of persistent messages) it can reconnect
(e.g. due to a failure) and the "noLocal" won't work because it is no longer the
same connection.

anonymous wrote :
  | I think that JMS was designed to sent messages to other's servers or applications, but not to it self!
  |
  | Is there a workaround ??

Only to put a property in the message and use a selector to say I don't
want messages where the property equals the one that I'm setting in my sends.
But then you have to think about how you persist that value across failures.

Basically a more durable version of "noLocal".

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140054#4140054

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140054