[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Search Function

viniciuscarvalho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 31 10:46:11 EDT 2008

Hello there! I've just started with jackrabbit API and it's use inside jboss portal. Still have a lot to learn. We are building a search functionality for our portal, our first idea was to use lucene to index the documents as they were added (using cms interceptors to ask our indexer to do so). Our portal needs to search both static contents and dinamic contents (such as messases from a forum), hence we decided to create our own implementation of search.
Browsing the wiki I've noticed a alpha project related to the topic. Where can I find more info on this? Also, any clues to find out how to query the portal own index would be nice (Don't know if it's gonna be possible, since our fields differ a lot from the ones used by then jackrabbit)

Any sugestions, materials, hints on how to integrate our search and jboss portal would be most appreciated

Best regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140178#4140178

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140178