[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - question with rollback/redelivery semantics

rlucente do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 31 19:01:17 EDT 2008

I have an application with multiple consumers and multiple queues in a many to many mapping.  The queues are polled by scheduling the consumers at a fixed delay.  Each consumer reads a message and attempts to send an http request to a remote endpoint.  If the remote endpoint is unavailable or some other error occurs, the consumer calls rollback and then it or another consumer tries again later.  Each consumer has its own session.

What I'm observing is that the rollback/redelivery semantics associate the undelivered messages with a particular consumer/session.  If that consumer is destroyed, so are its rollbacked messages.  Once rollback occurs, the consumer/session that rolled back is the only consumer that can see the messages.

I really want the ability to:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140292#4140292

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140292