[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - workaround Re: Huge queue

jasonhu919 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 1 01:08:02 EDT 2008

I am having the same issue. After I went through the source code, i found the problem. it tries to select all messages for a queue and then evaluate the memory mark, which definitely fail with millions of messages.

the work around I have so far is to change the select sql in jdbc2.xml to only select first 100 message. for example for sql server is:
select top 100 messageid, messageblob from jms_messages where destination=?

i checked the jboss messaging, from the features it has, it seems handle this better, but have not got time to really try it. the version of my production jboss is 4.05,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148052#4148052

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148052