[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Buddy Replication: Memory usage with Tomcat Session Repl

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 1 09:25:41 EDT 2008

Node a2 becoming the buddy of both a1 and a3 sounds broken; it's not meant to be that way.

There have been a lot of improvements in JBoss Cache related to buddy replication since AS 4.0.5 came out.  Can you try replacing the server/all/lib/jboss-cache.jar with the jboss-cache-jdk50.jar that comes with the JBC 1.4.1.SP9 release?  For that to work you'll need to replace jgroups.jar, either with the one that comes with the JBC 1.4.1.SP9 download. or even better with the one from the JGroups 2.4.1.SP4 release.

That may help your session.invalidate() issue as well. I've never heard of a problem like that before; will investigate more.

Re: setting up eviction, normally I say don't do that, but it may be a valid workaround for now.  If you do it, set it up for the _default_ region (i.e. the whole cache) so it also covers the internal buddy replication backup areas. Use LRUPolicy, and configure maxNodes=0 (disabling eviction based on # of nodes).  The timeToLiveSeconds value must be greater than the session expiration timeout. I'd say make it a couple minutes greater -- idea is to make sure that the normal JBossWeb session cleanup process gets a chance to flush things out first, with the JBC eviction only cleaning out stuff that gets left behind.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148104#4148104

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148104