[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - integration with JBoss Rules engine?

mpopova do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 1 15:32:40 EDT 2008

Hello,

I could not find a good answer to this question: is JBPM integrated with JBoss Rules engine?

Different people give different meaning to the word 'integration', so I will explain what kind of functionality I am looking for:

I would like to be able to define a set of rules (in Excel, since JBoss Rules can work with it well). The result of a rule (an action) is an approval chain - which is a list of approvers an object has to go through.
My application will fire off the rules engine to evaluate the rules at run time and give me the resulting approval chain. Users may modify this approval chain , adding/deleting approvers, and eventually my application will pass the final approval chain into the workflow engine as the basis for the process definition. Then, jBPM (or other wf engine) will be responsible for execution of the approval (workflow) process.

Is something like this possible to implement using the JBoss Rules engine + jBPM?

Thanks,
Marina

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148195#4148195

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148195