[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Jboss start well with http://localhost:8080 but not with htt

jose.ferreiro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 2 08:42:59 EDT 2008

Dear newsgroup,

I installed Jboss jboss-4.2.2.GA under windows XP SP2.

When I type this address:
http://localhost:8080/

Jboss displays the corresponding welcome page :-)

if I type
http://127.0.0.1:8080/

It works well! That is to say the IP address "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 work fine.

But if I replace the URL address by the DHCP IP address allocated by the server to my computer, then it doesn't work anymore. By that, I mean that nothing is displayed by Jboss when I type the address, execept "The page cannot be displayed".

e.g. http://157.125.0.1:8080/

Do you have an idea of what can be wrong?
Thank you for your feedback and comments.

Jose

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148326#4148326

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148326