[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Does JBoss Cache and semaphores

jason.greene@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 2 11:02:29 EDT 2008

dmary,

I answered your question in the POJO Cache forums:
[url]http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147827#4147827[url]

The short answer, is that we do not yet have support for distributed locking on a node. It is however, on the roadmap. It should be noted that distributed locking negatively impacts scalability, and is not usually needed for most cache use cases. So when we add this feature, it will be selectively enabled (probably per node), and should only be used when you really need it.

If you follow the thread reference there was discussion about possible alternatives (JMS etc).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148353#4148353

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148353