[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - eviction, clustering without cacheloader

nnnnn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 2 11:52:08 EDT 2008

It seems to me that you've got a bug with the way that you treat evictions - data integrity is only maintained if there's a CacheLoader backing the cache.

I say this, because the javadoc on CacheImpl.evict(Fqn) method (2.0.0, at any rate) includes: "Note that eviction is done only in local mode, that is, it doesn't replicate the node removal.  This will cause the replication nodes to not be synchronizing, which is fine since the value will be fetched again when get returns null".

This is a problem for us.  We don't have a backing CacheLoader, all of the state is in the Cache.  We'd like the nodes to be evicted from all machines at the same time (it would be really nice if this were based on the last read time in any server in the cluster).  As it is, it's going to be very random behavior - different servers have different times for their most recent read, so different servers are going to evict at different times.

Suggestions?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148384#4148384

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148384