[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: jboss aop with activebpel

flavia.rainone@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 2 15:22:30 EDT 2008

Hi!

In theory, you can apply JBoss AOP interceptors to any Java program. I think you will have to do a small test to see if there are any framework incompatibilities here (but I'm hoping not).

However, I notice that you mentioned a running business proccess at Tomcat. If you are talking about applying dynamic AOP (i.e., add aspects and interceptors at runtime), you are going to need to prepare the code for this.

You don't need the source code of the bpm to do so, however. You just have to proccess the BPEL engine classes with aopc before running, or enable loadtime weaving through a java agent at the java command line.

Only code that has been prepared for AOP can be instrumented at runtime. Once your system is correctly prepared, you can add an interceptor at runtime.

As a start, take a look at the Dynamic AOP chapter of our Reference Guide:
http://www.jboss.org/jbossaop/docs/1.5.0.GA/docs/aspect-framework/reference/en/html/dynamic.html
The prepare XML tag is documented here:
http://www.jboss.org/jbossaop/docs/1.5.0.GA/docs/aspect-framework/reference/en/html/xml.html#xml-prepare
And the @Prepare annotation is also available:
http://www.jboss.org/jbossaop/docs/1.5.0.GA/docs/aspect-framework/reference/en/html/annotated.html#annotated-prepare

There is also an implemented example at our tutorial:
http://www.jboss.org/jbossaop/docs/1.5.0.GA/docs/aspect-framework/examples/dynamic-aop/dynamic.html

Let me know if this solves your question.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148443#4148443

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148443