[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - MDB not "watching" queue?

scooter4j do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 2 15:36:52 EDT 2008

JBoss 4.2.2
EJB 2.1

I have an MDB configured to process messages off of a given queue but it doesn't seem to realize that messages are accumulating in the queue.... it's like it doesn't even see the queue.

ejb-jar snippet:
<message-driven>
<ejb-name>SQMessageHandler</ejb-name>
<ejb-class>com.scott.messaging.MessageHandlerEJB</ejb-class>
<messaging-type>javax.jms.MessageListener</messaging-type>
<transaction-type>Bean</transaction-type>
<message-selector>selectorKey='order'</message-selector>
<message-driven-destination>
<destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</destination-type>
</message-driven-destination>
</message-driven>

jboss.xml snippet:
<enterprise-beans>
<message-driven>
<ejb-name>SQMessageHandler</ejb-name>
<configuration-name>Standard Message Driven Bean</configuration-name>
<destination-jndi-name>jms/OrderQueue</destination-jndi-name>
</message-driven>
</enterprise-beans>

Now, jms/OrderQueue is set up properly - I can see messages accumulating in there - I just don't know why these messages aren't being passed to the onMessage method of my MDB...(btw, I know my MDB is built correctly b/c we've been using it under another application server - I'm currently investigation the steps necessary to migrate to JBoss...)

I hope someone can help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148446#4148446

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148446