[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: problem while implementing portal identity API with a jn

loucs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 4 05:29:59 EDT 2008

Ok, so i went forward throught this problem and it's caused by the fact my ear project uses Richfaces (3.2.0.GA) with seam (2.0.0.GA) in portlets. It work perfectlly well but the ear project had to be isolated, with the creation of a loader-repository for my ear. this prevent me to cast the proxy object i get from a jndi lookup outside of my ear in the local or remote interface of my ejb.

i have two solution : i can search for a way to make richfaces work without having to isolate the ear classloading (wich i'm doing looking at the richfaces + portal discussion (with the portletbridge, but i don't think it works differently ), or i can force the EJB to be called by value, but all the docs i find  on the subject are about ejb 2.0 and older versions of JBoss (i'm using  4.2.2.GA).

I tested this last one by putting the attribute calledByValue in default/deploy/conf/jboss-service.xml and it worked, but it's not an acceptable solution as it has repercutions on all jndi lookups, and it increase a lot the ressource usage of such operations.

that's why i'd like to know how to force the calledbyvalue on an EJB3 lookup (and only on one EJB), or if possible a solution allowing not to isolate classloading in my ear.

i'm searching a lot by myself, (maybe not the right way :), but any clues or link to a corresponding documentation would really help me.

thanks,

--
Lucas
Montes