[jboss-user] [Remoting] - MulticastDetector crashes my network

yt.nash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 03:22:07 EDT 2008

Hello all!

At this moment, I am developing a solution using JBoss Remoting (2.2.1GA) and I have detected a ugly problem with MulticastDetector.

If you try to launch SimpleDetectorClient (included as JBoss Remoting sample of detection multicast), I have a problem. You can see it installing a nextwork monitor and... This execution sends to the network 32 UDP packets per second!!! After time, network gets down (no connection, no Internet).

However, if you execute SimpleDetectorServer (in the same branch), the packet rate is 1 per second (acceptable in a server-side environment).

I have tried to play with heartbeat time delay and default time delay and I don't have positive results. After change it, the frequency of packets is the same (client-side and server-side).

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Santiago Ameller.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149006#4149006