[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Instance Caching

roelvz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 05:26:46 EDT 2008

I have some trouble with choosing a commit-option in a container configuration.

I have read this: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/en/CMPCaching?action=e&windowstate=normal&mode=view

But I am still wondering about which commit option to choose.

I am using JBoss 4.0.5 GA. The database is SQL Server. The JBoss server is located on a different machine than the database. Every 60 seconds, the database is updated by an external process (i.e. SQL Server replication).

These are my findings for every commit option.

Commit option A: Not to be used because JBoss does not have exclusive access
Commit option B: This runs very slow, I guess because the database is on another machine. When I use JBoss on the same machine, it runs faster.
Commit option C: The same as B.
Commit option D: This seemed to work fine (I set the refresh rate to 45 seconds, which is ok for our application). From time to time though, queries are very slow. This does not happen very often.

Actaully I'm trying to find out about my problems with commit option D. At first I thought it was only slow after JBoss startup, but I now know that this is not the case. Every once in a while, a few queries after each other are just very slow (like more than times slower than normal).

Any ideas or comments are very much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149033#4149033

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149033