[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Classloading with jboss_app.xml

Gitu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 08:48:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

Am using Jboss5.0 Beta4 . I have two EJB's -e1 and e2 deployed and trying to lookup from one to another. e2 interafce is in \server\all\lib directory. and e1 is doing lookup to e2.

Am also using jboss_app.xml so that jboss will first loads jars from my EAR e1 instead of server\all\lib. It does gets jars from my ear instead of server lib.

  | <jboss-app>
  |   <loader-repository>
  |     com.avaya:archive=Scheduler.ear
  |   </loader-repository>
  | </jboss-app>

Lookup is also sucessful. but I need to do another validation if e2 has implemented one of my interface com.my.job Interface.  com.my.job is present in server\all\lib. Am using below logic to check this .

  | job.class.isAssignableFrom(e2)  should return true.

Now this works fine on WAS6.1.It works fine with jboss5.0 also IF e2 interface (not its implementation class ) is part of e1 ear i.e bundled together

But when I move this interface out of ear and put it in server\all\lib , lookup is sucessful but isAssugableFrom fails !

This looks like wrong algorithm of isAssignableFrom.

Hope this isnt confusing .. Can anyone help me with this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149091#4149091

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149091