[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: shared class for two webapps

stourwalk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 10:28:10 EDT 2008

"lcurros" wrote : Solved.
  | The way I used works fine. I had a packaging error and I have put the class inside one of the app content so this was the reason way It didnt work

Hi,

could you be more specific about the problem that you had?

We have a very similar situation where we have a single EAR file which contains APPEJB.jar - this .jar uses struts.jar which is referenced in a seperate project.

Inside this .EAR file we also have the webcontent.war - this .war naturally also references struts.jar - (we've tried both by having struts.jar in the WEB-INF/libs and by referencing the same external project as APPEJB.jar) - when we try and pass a LabelValueBean from the EJB to the webApp we get a ClassCastException.

I'm assuming this is because it's getting confused as to which class to use (even if they both reference the same .jar) - how should we package struts.jar in this case (or pass objects between the two sides).

I've checked the JMX console for org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean and it only shows 1 instance being loaded (from the .war file if packaged in there or from the ear if packaged in the common 3rd project)

We are trying to migrate a legacy application away from Websphere and onto jBoss and this is the last issues that we are struggling with.   Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149147#4149147

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149147