[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - @XmlMimeType(

pdrummond do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 11:52:19 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am using Revision: jbossws-3.0.1-native-2.0.4.GA and trying to get attachments to work.  I have no problems running the XOP test case but when I try to write my own service I always have the same problem.   When I deploy my WAR the ns1:expectedContentTypes is always "application/octet-stream" even though I specify @XmlMimeType("text/plain") in the code.

My end-point code is as follows:

  | package eas.attachment;
  | import java.io.IOException;
  | import javax.activation.DataHandler;
  | import javax.jws.WebMethod;
  | import javax.jws.WebService;
  | import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlMimeType;
  | import javax.xml.ws.BindingType;
  | import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException;
  |
  | @WebService(name = "EASEndpoint", serviceName = "EASEndpointService")
  | @BindingType(value = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/http?mtom=true")
  | public class EASEndpointImpl implements EASEndpoint {
  |
  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	@XmlMimeType("text/plain")
  |     public DataHandler fileUpload(@XmlMimeType("text/plain") DataHandler data) {
  |         try {
  |             System.out.println("Recv " + data.getContentType());
  |             System.out.println("Content is " + data.getContent());
  |             return new DataHandler("Server data", "text/plain");
  |         }
  |         catch (IOException e) {
  |            throw new WebServiceException(e);
  |         }
  |     }
  | }

The code is almost identical to the WrappedEndpoint in the sample code - if I am missing something, I can't see it!!!  I can confirm that the wsdl for the WrappedEndpoint does include what you'd expect - ns1:expectedContentTypes="text/plain" so why doesn't mine?

Can anyone help?  I am now stepping through the JBossWS source code to determine the source of this problem and will report any findings...

Thanks,
Paul Drummond

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149184#4149184

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149184