[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: MDB not

scooter4j do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 13:43:22 EDT 2008

Still battling with this issue....  I downloaded the sample MDB code provided by JBoss and successfully deployed and ran it - it works as expected.  Naturally I've compared the configuration of the two applications and made them the same where I could - one difference is that my MDB has a selectorKey whereas the sample doesn't - shouldn't matter.

One thing I have noticed that seems strange, though is this:  when deploying my real app, JBoss sees the MDB and thinks it needs a JNDI name for it - so it creates queue/SQMessageHandler.  The server does NOT do the same thing for the sample code (EJB name in that is MessageAccess, but there is no queue/MessageAccess Queue created).  It does look like the server creates a couple JNDI references for the EJBs (local/SQMessageHandler and local/MessageAccess)... I'm wondering if there is some problem with having two JNDI entries having the name SQMessageHandler (granted one is local/ and one is queue/ so it shouldn't matter)....

does that trigger any thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149202#4149202

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149202