[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: MDB not

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 8 03:30:33 EDT 2008

"scooter4j" wrote : got this thing working - looks like a bug in the JBoss MDB deployer code... basically the deployer was not paying any attention to the destination-jndi-name that I provided for the EJB in the jboss.xml file.  Instead, it would see that I'm deploying SQMessageHandler, realize that there was no queue having that name, and create it.  THIS (queue/SQMessageHandler) is the queue that the MDB was monitoring for messages - not the one I specified.  So - posting messages to queue/SQMessageHandler works.  I ended up changing the EJB name to OrderQueue and that works (except that I can't post to jms/OrderQueue - it has to be queue/OrderQueue).

It's not a bug with the MDB deployer. You probably have not setup the queue configuration correctly. You probably have not set the JNDIName attribute the queue configuration, because of which the queue is being bound by default to queue/OrderQueue. See this for more details http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r1/html/ch6.chapt.html#d0e14693

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149333#4149333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149333