[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Could Transparent Failover cause subscriber to miss out

scotthkao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 8 04:18:29 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : If we informed you about failover completion it wouldn't be transparent. If you want to use a connection listener and handle failover manually then you can just turn off transparent failover. Sounds like this is what you want to do.

So, the transparent failover of JBM can be turned off in the xml configuration file?

I am currently developing a messaging system in which dynamic number of clients (which can not be defined and may not be predicted) can connect to my messaging system to receive messages. I think durable subscription is not feasible in my case since I can not define the client IDs beforehand and I'm not able to erase those client IDs that will never connect to use the messaging system. In fact, I am not sure of the impact of a whole lot of unreceived messages of durable subscriptions. Do you know the impacts of this? So, I chose normal subscription. In the current JB AS 4.2.x, JBMQ is shipped which allows and requires us to handle the reconnection (failover), thus lost message request can be accomplished in the manual reconnection. If you were me, would you do it this way or do you have any experienced suggestions? (Thanks a lot if you can share your experiences)

But I heard JB AS 5.x will have JBM bundled out of the box. I'm currently thinking about of any portability problems in my case.

Thanks,
Scott

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149352#4149352

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149352