[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Unable to locate current JTA transaction?

freesoul do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 8 08:46:30 EDT 2008

when call the portal mbean

		UserModule mbean = (UserModule) MBeanProxyExt
  |         .create(UserModule.class, ObjectNameFactory
  |                 .create("portal:service=Module,type=User"));
  | 		mbean.getUserCount();
the application throws exception as follows,
20:36:21,875 ERROR [HibernateUserModuleImpl] Cannot count users
  | org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to locate current JTA transaction
  | 	at org.hibernate.context.JTASessionContext.currentSession(JTASessionContext.java:61)
  | 	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.getCurrentSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:544)
  | 	at org.jboss.portal.identity.db.HibernateUserModuleImpl.getCurrentSession(HibernateUserModuleImpl.java:298)
  | 	at org.jboss.portal.identity.db.HibernateUserModuleImpl.getUserCount(HibernateUserModuleImpl.java:275)

I search some same problems on the forum but no good answers,
some one said we should put such config to jboss-porlet.xml
      <transaction>
  |          <trans-attribute>Required</trans-attribute>
  |       </transaction>

but i didn't call it in a portlet so it didn't work.
Anyone can explain the reason of 'Unable to locate current JTA '??

thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149421#4149421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149421