[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Configure JAAS security for default app with Jetty

george001 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 8 09:47:48 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am using JBoss 4.2.2 GA with Jetty 6.1 latest sar and I have setup a default app but I am having a hard time finding any instructions on how to map that app into a jaas secured application policy:

  | <application-policy name = "default">
  |       <authentication>
  |         <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
  |                       flag = "required">
  |           <module-option name="usersProperties">props/users.properties</module-option>
  |           <module-option name="rolesProperties">props/roles.properties</module-option>
  |         </login-module>
  |       </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>

I tried "default", "/", "*" as the name attribute of the element and restarted the server each time and still I am getting:

  | 2008-05-08 09:20:49,603 ERROR [org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule] Failed to load users/passwords/role files
  | java.io.IOException: No properties file: users.properties or defaults: defaultUsers.properties found
  |         at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.Util.loadProperties(Util.java:315)

This is one of those simple and easy to solve -> you have to spend hours on searching for information. If anyone knows the name of the class parsing the xml and points me to a subversion link :) I will be greatly appreciative if a straight answer is not available that is..

Thanks in advance and best!
George

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149453#4149453

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149453