[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Endpoint already registered

bsisson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 8 10:13:12 EDT 2008

I would like to provide additional information for this issue.  Our whole team has looked at this issue and cannot find a work around or the cause of the issue but we have figured out the sequence that triggers the issue.

1) We created a web service using annotations (@WebService(name = "TestWs") and it runs fine.
2) We created a class (People) that is annotated for xml marshalling (@XmlRootElement).
3) In the web service a database is queried and the data is stored in the People class.
4) Using javax.xml.bind the class is marshalled into a xml string.
5) At this point, in debut mode, there are occasions (depending upon the class fields) the marshaller will either work fine or the it wil fail.  If it works fine the xml string is returned to the Web Service Explorer (built into Eclipse) and if it fails the error message string is returned to the Web Service Explorer.
6) Then we make changes to the People class (add or delete fields) and we get a message asking us if we want to continue, stop or restart the server.  If we select continue the server runs find but only picks up the old version of the People class and not the new changes.  The issues begin when we chose stop or restart server.

When the server is restarted there are two key issues:  (1) If I search the console I cannot find a reference to my web service after the restart.  The first time I start the server I see a reference that the web service was deplyed.  (2) When I used the Web Service Explorer to find the web service I get an exception:  javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Cannot obtain endpoint for: jboss.ws:context=/PSDynamicWebProject,endpoint=TestWs

At this point nothing we do in Eclipse can eliminate this exception.  We have tried restarting the JBoss server, clicking on the module and doing a full publish and nothing works.  The only resolution to get around this at this point has been to shutdwon Eclipse completely and restart it.  This works until we have to change the class again and we go through the same steps.

We are in the start-up phase of re-writing our web applicaitons here and are evaluating JBoss and JBoss tools.  We would really like to find a reslution to this since we are using Eclipse as our IDE and any help would be apprecaited.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149462#4149462

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149462