[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Clustering with UDP or TCP - What is best?

dmurphy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 8 20:50:01 EDT 2008

Hi - we have started trying to understand the best (most reliable, most performant) networking configuration for clustering with JBOSS AS..

It appears (from the standard, shipped service xml) that JBOSS recommends UDP multicast as the best way to support session replication and distributed caching with tree cache.

But you also provide a sample (commented) TCP based configuration. Could you JBOSS guys elaborate a little on when moving to the TCP config would be recommended? What are the reasons one might move the stack to TCP? I am assuming that JGroups deals internally with the non guaranteed nature of UDP packet receipt.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149633#4149633

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149633