[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Cluster and context parameters

gejzir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 9 02:06:49 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have a JSF/facelets web application which works well in single server mode. Now I try to set up clustering, and I'm running into a problem.

We have a PrettyUrlPhaseListener, which reads the URL mappings from the context parameters placed in the web.xml file.

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.ajax4jsf.VIEW_HANDLERS</param-name>
        <param-value>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</param-value>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>com.sun.faces.sandbox.urlPatterns</param-name>
        <param-value>
URL mappings
        </param-value>
    </context-param>

Deploying the war file under the "default" config in jboss 4.2.2 works fine, the phase listener reads the parameters from the web.xml using:

FacesContext context;
String patternInitParam = context.getExternalContext().getInitParameter(URL_PATTERNS_INIT_PARAM);

The same war file deployed under the "all" configuration on the same jboss 4.2.2 application server sees no context parameters. Even the context.getExternalContext().getInitParameterMap() returns null.

What am I missing here? Is it a clustering config issue or a tomcat config issue?
Where do I have to set up context-parameters for web applications if not in the war packaged web.xml file?

Thanks in advance:
Gejzir

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149653#4149653

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149653