[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: getting messages by the order they were sent

subrata_jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 12 04:04:19 EDT 2008

Thanks Tim,
 I am using point to point model.
 So i am using queue (there is no durable subscriber)

  If we use Topic also for Durable then its same as Queue with persistance.
  So when my consumer is down it is getting saved in the database and the next time i am starting my consumer , i am able to get those messages.

  but my problem was the order as i mentioned.

  Durability ensures that you will lose messages.

  Or you want to say if we use durable topic subscriber,
     -> produce the 10,000 message when consumer is not running.
     -> stop the producer.
     -> now start the consumer and producer at the same time.
     -> and i will get previous message first then the messages which
          being produced by the recent producer. (and thus ensuring the older
          messages are coming first. )

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150047#4150047

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150047