[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Memory leak in remoting objects

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 12 18:53:06 EDT 2008

Every time you create a JBossMessaging connection, you're creating a Remoting bisocket connection, including a new BisocketClientInvoker.$PingTimerTask.  When you close the JBM connection, the PingTimerTask should cancel itself.

You're sure that you're closing the JBM connection?

Now, the Timer that the PingTimerTasks are registered with is a static object, so I guess it's possible that the Timer is holding references to old PingTimerTasks.  I don't know how you're profiling your test, but I know that with JProfiler you can see what's pointing to the PingTimerTasks and preventing them from getting garbage collected.

Could you look into that?

Thanks,
Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150201#4150201