[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: condition expression string is restricted to 255 chars (

jkronegg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 13 05:45:59 EDT 2008

We got the same problem while migrating from JBPM 3.0 to 3.2.

Transition conditions where previously (in 3.0) stored in the JBPM_DECISIONCONDITIONS table which had 4000 characters. As JPBM 3.2 is backward compatible, it looks into the old JBPM_DECISIONCONDITIONS to execute the condition.

The problem comes when we want to upload a new process definition with a transition with long condition, such as:
      <transition name="toBeClosedOrSent" to="ToBeClosed">
  |          <condition>
  |       	    <![CDATA[#{ (executionContext.getContextInstance().getVariable("oldStatut").get(0).intValue()==2 &&
  |       	    executionContext.getContextInstance().getVariable("dosType").get(0).intValue()==3) ||
  |       	    executionContext.getContextInstance().getVariable("oldStatut").get(0).intValue()==3 }]]>
  |       	 </condition>
  |       </transition>

The transition condition is now stored into the JBPM_TRANSITION.CONDITION_ column which has 255 characters.

The quick workaround we found is to change the column width:
ALTER TABLE JBPM.JBPM_TRANSITION MODIFY (CONDITION_	VARCHAR2(4000) )

On the long term, we plan to move to Drools for such long and complex expression conditions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150298#4150298

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150298