[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: @Interceptors not working

tharter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 13 14:34:36 EDT 2008

Heh, still my day to be wrong about things.

You can run JBoss 4.2.2.GA ok under jrockit R27.x. What you can't do is instrument an EJB3 SLSB using Cobertura, lol. It looks like instrumenting code causes @Interceptors annotation based interceptors (and possibly other things) to stop functioning.

So, let that be a lesson to anyone who tries it. Be prepared for problems...

Just to document this, what I've determined is:

In both Embeddable EJB3 and both JBossAS 4.0.5.GA and 4.2.2.GA running under either jrockit R26.x (java 1.5) or R27.x (java 1.6) instrumenting code with Cobertura (at least with v1.8) causes EJB3 interceptors to fail to be called. JBoss apparently still recognizes the proper annotations, but the user interceptors are bypassed. While other things like transactions and generally any other container functionality I happened to rely on seemed to work I would be highly skeptical that the instrumented code behaves consistently with production code.

Anyone used other test coverage instrumentation techniques successfully in container?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150490#4150490

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150490