[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Class 'tidy' not found in PHP application on JBoss Porta

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 13 18:10:54 EDT 2008

First, the apt-get command you issued installs the command-line tidy utility, it does not install the tidy module for PHP. For that you need to specify package php_tidy. (Warning: I did this on Fedora, not on Ubuntu, so your package name might be different.)

I got tidy to work on Windows, but cannot get it to work on Linux.

I did the following:

0) Started the app server with JBoss Native and PHP support installed, and the php-examples.war deployed.
1) Accessed the info.php file in php-examples.war and noted the location of the php.ini file. (c:/windows) [On linux, the location was: /home/jfclere/Linux_i686_tools/PHP/lib)
2) Created a php.ini file in that location and put in two entries: extension_dir and extension:

extension_dir = F:/opt/jboss/web/php5servlet-windows-i586-SP1/php5servlet-windows-SP1-i586/PHP/bin/ext
extension = php_tidy.dll

On linux, I had:

extension_dir = /usr/lib/php/modules
extension = tidy.so

On Linux I had to install the tidy support (yum install php_tidy) and then locate the installed module. On Windows, PHP comes with tidy support.

3) Restarted the app server, accessed info.php again and checked that 'tidy' showed up in the list on installed modules.

At that point I could use tidy on Windows. But for some reason on Linux the tidy module is not loading.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150543#4150543

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150543