[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Accessing remote Jbpm processes

mike.jackson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 14 06:10:02 EDT 2008

Hi,
I'm experimenting with jboss-esb-server-4.3.CR1.

I want to be able to deploy and access Jbpm processes outside of my application context in order to try and separate business processes (the BA's domain) from the application (the developer's domain).

I had presumed that this would be possible given the existence of the JBPM web console but cannot work out how to access the JbpmConfiguration of the process host.

I noticed that the JbpmService MBean provided is essentially a stub, so I tried to bind the current JbpmConfiguration instance to JNDI by modifying the mbean implementation. However, despite JbpmConfiguration being marked as serializable I get a NotSerializableException on java.lang.ThreadLocal when I try to bind the configuration.

So I guess what I really want to ask is:
a) Is it possible to separate the process and application domains like I am trying to do?
b) If so, how should I go about it?
or
c) If not, what is the point of deploying anything using the JBPM Web Console?

Many thanks for any help,
Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150664#4150664

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150664