[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Custom Login Module - Login Link

ai77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 14 08:25:31 EDT 2008

The problem is that the user has to exist in both my database/WS and the jboss-portal database. If it is so, everything works fine, my custom-login-module is called and i see the links on top of the page. Note that the user in the jboss DB just needs to have the same login (password and other info can be different). If you think about it, it makes sense as there are lots of things associated to that user that are jboss specific, as permissions, dashboard, pages, own portals... but it's still a pain.
The problem now is to keep the two databases synchronized. If inserting users through the jboss user management portlet, i thought I could override its WF jbp_identity_validation_approval_workflow (see identity-ui-configuration.xml) to call my Web Service to insert the user in my DB as well. I haven't gone so far yet, but if somebody has done it, please let me know!
I didn't override the commit method in my custom login.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150704#4150704

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150704