[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: How to run multiple instances of JBoss on a single syste

mheidt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 14 08:36:44 EDT 2008

And what about running this as a service?
AS 4.2.1.GA

run
run -c port80

runs in parallel within consoles.

I make a second service.bat (service80.bat) and changed it:

set SVCNAME=JBAS42SVC80
set SVCDISP=JBoss Application Server 4.2 Port 80
set SVCDESC=JBoss Application Server 4.2 Port 80

  | :cmdInstall
  | jbosssvc.exe -iwdc %SVCNAME% "%DIRNAME%" "%SVCDISP%" "%SVCDESC%" service80.bat
  |

  | :cmdStart
  | REM Executed on service start
  | call run.bat -c port80 >run.log
  | goto cmdEnd

and installed it via
service80.bat install

The services got installed and either of them starts up.
But not both of them in parallel.
When starting the second one, I get a
anonymous wrote : The JBoss Application Server 4.2 Port 80 service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

Or when I do a "service80.bat start" I get
anonymous wrote : The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Creating a second run.bat (run80.bat) instead of the parameter "-c port 80" failed with the same errors.

??????

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150709#4150709

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150709