[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Eclipse + JBoss Debug Mode issue

nameghino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 14 13:42:34 EDT 2008

Hello all,
I'm having an issue regarding a debug deployment using Eclipse + JBoss 4.2.2.
Whenever I deploy my application in debug mode, it takes a big load of time to deploy it (around 20-30 minutes). However, sometimes it deploys in 2 minutes (in debug mode) and it just takes 1.5 minutes in run mode.
This behavior is mostly random, but after the first occurrence of the long-time debug deployment, it's mostly sure that it will happen again.

Note that I've already posted this in the eclipse.newcomers group and Wayne Beaton suggested that I should post this issue here and in a JBoss forum.

I have a "virgin environment" (all I did to it was configure it to work and then never touched it again) so that I can spawn the same installation in several computers and have the same contents everywhere in another PC with Eclipse 3.3.2 (Build M20080221-1800) and JBoss 4.2.2GA which I compared against my installation of the bundle.

It turned out that two files were changed between those two installations:

* org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.3.1.v_780_R33x.jar
* org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.3.3.v_793_R33x.jar

I tried overwriting those two files with the virgin copies, but without result. I then deleted my whole eclipse folder and downloaded the virgin environment. Still no good.

Some time later, I proceeded to undeploy the application from the server, delete the temp files from it, do a full clean build of the app. and then redeployed. It worked for a couple of debug deployments but now the problem is back. I repeated those steps, hoping it would work, but unfortunately it didn't.

Finally, I also noted that, if given the 20-30 minutes' time it requires to deploy the application in debug mode, the application is a lot slower than the usual debug deployments that take 2 minutes.

Any help appreciated, and thanks!
Nicolas Ameghino

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150840#4150840

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150840