[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: Hibernate StatisticsService MBean doesnt work with Entit

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 15 03:37:52 EDT 2008

The EntityManager has a getDelegate API: http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/javax/persistence/EntityManager.html#getDelegate()

You can probably do this:

  | 	@PersistenceContext
  | 	EntityManager em;
  |
  | 	public void myMethod() {
  |
  | 		//get the underlying Hibernate session
  | 		org.hibernate.Session sess = (org.hibernate.Session) em.getDelegate();
  |
  | 		//now get the session factory from the hibernate session
  | 		SessionFactory sf = sess.getSessionFactory();
  | 	}

P.S: I don't know why JPA doesn't provide a similar getDelegate() method on the EntityManagerFactory to access the provider specific entitymanagerfactory.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150946#4150946

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150946