[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - JBoss 4.2.2 + WSMQ XA Syncpoint (2072) problem solved

bonio100 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 15 10:22:48 EDT 2008

All,

I spent a while looking around to find a solution to the jboss + WSMQ problem described in the following page

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&uid=swg21255323

specifically 'When distributed transactions are used under very high load, an attempt to put a message to a WebSphere MQ queue may occasionally fail with the reason code MQRC_SYNCPOINT_NOT_AVAILABLE'

Where JBoss is configured with WSMQ using XA using the wmq.jmsra.rar JCA adaptor.  I found that at busy times I would get a MQRC_SYNCPOINT_NOT_AVAILABLE (2072) where the trasaction would roll back and try again, at the point I would post a message to another queue manager.

I couldn't find a solution and almost gave up until I found that by putting <track-connection-by-tx>true</track-connection-by-tx> in the connection data source, IE

 <tx-connection-factory>
      <jndi-name>WSMQJmsTest</jndi-name>
     <xa-transaction/>
      <rar-name>wmq.jmsra.rar</rar-name>
      <connection-definition>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
      <config-property name="hostName" type="java.lang.String">localhost</config-property>
      <config-property name="queueManager" type="java.lang.String">QM_TEST</config-property>
      <config-property name="port" type="java.lang.String">1420</config-property>
      <track-connection-by-tx>true</track-connection-by-tx>
      <max-pool-size>20</max-pool-size>
 </tx-connection-factory>

I have probably processed about 500,000 messages since without a single syncpoint exception since

I just thought I would post it here to aid anyone else who had the same problem.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151105#4151105

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151105