[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Get at Kernel from Unmanaged Object

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 15 19:27:36 EDT 2008

"ALRubinger" wrote :
  | KernelLocator.getKernel() won't do the trick, as I've got no KernelControllerContext to set.

Where to you need KCC here?
KernelLocator.getKernel gives you Kernel instance, from where you get Controller, ...
But this is very ugly, and I've never liked this KL static hack.
We should be able to provide integration point in almost all cases, deployers being the right integration point.

"ALRubinger" wrote :
  | In AS is there any special magic to get at this (ie. Some aspect placing the Kernel/Context/Bus in a ThreadLocal or similar)?

Hmmm, interesting AOP hack idea. :-)

"ALRubinger" wrote :
  | Note that the unmanaged object is not instanciated under my control, so it's just a POJO from which I need to access MC.

I would still try to push some handle all the way up to this pojo.

I've got simialr problems when dealing with Seam and MC.
Since how Seam apps are started is through some ServletListener, which is of course a few layers from MC.
Still need to see what is to do there ...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151222#4151222

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151222