[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Siebel Resource Adapter for JBoss

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 16 00:45:33 EDT 2008

"chaminda_jboss" wrote :

  | Also I cant get the jndi reference to quatz sample of jboss. I figured out that there is no -ds.xml file for quatz samlpe.. Pls explain me why that is no need for the quatz sample. The only -ds.xml that jboss has used is for hsqldb-ds.xml

JCA adapter comes in two flavors i.e inbound/outbound adapters .

For the outbound adapter there should be the  connectivity from AS to EIS , the AS component gets the reference of the connection to the external EIS(DB or JMS provider) through the JNDI . That is the reason you see datasource related -ds.xml files containing the jndi entry .

For the inbound adapter there is an interaction from EIS to AS , the messages are utilized by the endpoints which are of type MDB . Quartz is of this type , it is basically the inbound type adapter .

For more details have a look at the JCA specs and once again read this
http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r5/html/ch7.chapt.html

Connectivity to the seibel looks to me as outbound connectivity , you can verify this from the ra.xml file of the seibel adapter .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151240#4151240

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151240